Pioneer Auto EQ Greyed Out, Not Selectable, Fix


The Pioneer Auto EQ function does add quite a lot to the experience of aftermarket car audio by measuring and analyzing specific sounds using an external microphone.  I found that the music is much better, but distortion started earlier at 30 versus 38 without Auto EQ.

I had a difficult time getting the Auto EQ selectable, and found others had the same issue.  I spent some time researching the issue and found the solution for me was a specific set of procedures:

  1. Turn car to "accessory mode"
  2. Have handbrake used, or other bypass 
  3. Disconnect any phones from bluetooth and/or wifi connection, imperative. 
  4. Select "Source Off" (not power off)
  5. Go to the home screen 
  6. Then hit the gears, scroll to audio, then AutoEq and the ability to measure the system should be selectable 
Items 3-5 are I believe crucial, I know items 4 and 5 are above.  Subtle but necessary.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rear Sway Bar for 2016 Avalon and Driving Impressions

How to use dynamat. Dynamat install on a Toyota Avalon